The Swiss healthcare system
The Swiss healthcare system is highly acclaimed all over the world. Thanks to a strong focus on innovation and its close ties with the Swiss pharma and biotech industries, the Swiss healthcare system is constantly at the forefront of medical progress. The unique qualities of Swiss health services that attract patients from abroad are technologically advanced medical infrastructure, highly trained health care professionals, belief in ‘Swiss quality and precision’, strong commitment to protect the privacy of patients while caring for their health needs in a holistic and exclusive manner and a stable socio-political environment.
As such, the Swiss healthcare system is a shining example of those classic Swiss attributes: quality, precision, discretion, safety and cleanliness.
Health Destination Switzerland
Switzerland has always been a place for recovery and well-being. With its good international access, the clean and relaxing cities, a spectacular nature with clear and fresh air, Switzerland offers the ideal setting for medical treatments and care.
The city of Basel is widely regarded as Switzerland's cultural capital, and with good reason: in Basel you will encounter art at every turn, whether you stroll through the beautiful Old Town or visit one of its 40 museums. What's more, the city also features top-class modern architecture. Basel is also Switzerland's oldest university town and the river Rhine is Basel's unofficial emblem – an inviting spot to rest for a while. Germany and France, the Black Forest and Vosges Mountains are only a stone's throw away from the border city of Basel.
Merian Iselin Clinic services for international patients
Working in close partnership with our specialists, we do our outmost every day to guarantee that our patients receive medical treatments based on the latest standards and the best postoperative care.
Our specialties in the field of orthopedics
- General orthopedics
- Foot surgery
- Forefoot surgery
- Ankle surgery
- Knee surgery
- Navigated knee prosthetics
- Hip surgery
- Minimally invasive hip prosthetics
- Hand surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Endoprosthetics (big bones)
- Manual medicine SAMM
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports- and joint surgery
- Tendon disorders
- Therapy after accidents
Our specialties in the field of urology
- Treatments of tumor diseases of the urogenital system (bladder cancer, renal cell carcinoma, prostate carcinoma, penile cancer, testicular tumor)
- Greenlight laser vaporisation, fusion biopsy, Rezum therapy, electrosection with benign prostate enlargement(TURP transurethal resection of the prostate)
- Aquablation of the prostate using AquaBeam
- Minimal-invasive techniques (Da-Vinci-Robot-assisted techniques for radical prostatectomy, organ preserving kidney tumor surgery, reconstruction of the urinary tract)
- Endoscopic surgeries including laser treatment with the latest flexible instruments concerning the lower and higher urinary tract
- Endoscopic removal of kidney or urinary stones
- Female and male urinary incontinence treatment